Visit To Taif In Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia

On the way to Taif, it was a glorious yet pleasant morning traveling on the curvy roads accompanied by rocky mountains for about two hours, I reached the mosque of Abdullah bin Abbas which consisted of an informative library as well as a prayer area. Offering my nawafil I prayed to Allah to shower His Mercy on all Mankind and unite the Muslim nation as they beautifully gather together to offer their prayers in amazingly large numbers. I could feel my heart realizing this fact that I belong to the world's most wonderful religion and my soul felt great gratitude towards my Creator for giving me birth in the house of Muslims who practice not only honesty and transparency but also love and dedication.

Curiously looking at the ancient manuscripts in the form of the calligraphy of Quranic verses I was simply bewildered and inspired both at the same time though communicating with local Arabic people who were in charge of the mosque was quite complex as English was not their language and Arabic was not my language.

Our next destination was another mosque about which I didn't know before. Here is what narrated by the driver who thankfully knew the Urdu language...

"Once holy prophet PBUH was sitting and offering prayer to Allah when few disbelievers plotted a plan against him in order to kill him by throwing two large stones from the top of that mountain, at the base of which he was residing. While watching the stones rolling down holy prophet PBUH pointed his forefinger towards those stones and they stopped immediately."

Next I reached the garden of Taif about which the story is famous about the incredible forgiving nature of Holy Prophet PBUH when the people of Taif threw stones at him resulting in hurting him while his sacred feet bleeding until he could not walk anymore and then the master of angels appeared, Gabriel (AS) asked the permission of holy prophet PBUH to destroy those cruel people of Taif and to everybody's amazement holy prophet serenely forgave the ones who threw stones at him... Wow, such a mind-blowing example of forgiveness! And today we have forgotten how to forgive...

Anyhow loving the experience of visiting these holy places I continued my journey towards the birthplace of my Holy Prophet (PBUH) covering the distance by my hired car. The driver was already kind enough to guide about the information he was providing to me and other fellows riding the car and I was absorbed in thoughts how great the prophet PBUH must be. The tree was fourteen hundred years old as all people gathered in its shade and it was the place where the holy prophet's heart was washed with the pure water of zam zam by Angel Gabriel while at an age of just four. How lucky I was feeling I cannot delineate but my eyes sparkled like diamonds as I knew my soul was extremely happy to know and discover more about my prophet Muhammad PBUH.

Afterward, I reached Meeqat where I performed ablution and wore my haraam with the declaration of intention to perform another Umrah.

Tired but not exhausted I enjoyed an extremely beautiful sunset on my way back to Mecca. The clouds were gleaming in tints of gold, orange, pink and peach. The sun was soothingly shining through those clouds spreading its love on the land. After traveling for about three hours I managed to reach back my hotel.

This was not an end of a journey but a new start of faith of a higher level, really auspicious. And I took some rest in my cozy bed before starting my third umrah on the last night of the year 2017.

Comments